[linux-dvb] Re: press release

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 01:14:18PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Martin Springer wrote:
> >
> > http://www.galaxis.de/newsadmin/engl_show_news_detail.php3?id=684
>
> What about the open source Linux DVB driver?
> Will it continue to be available freely?
> I guess a statement from the (new?) company would be widely
> appreciated by everybody who has spent time and efforts in
> building software on top of the driver...

The Linux DVB driver will remain freely available, and
we will continue development to support new types
of hardware, and of course fix bugs.

> The layout of the http://www.convergence.de homepage has apparently
> changed, and there is no more link to http://linuxtv.org, as I believe
> used to be there.

There is a link from the "Products -> Linux DVB API" page
to linuxtv.org. The DVB API was also submitted to the
http://www.tvlinuxalliance.org/

Regards,
Johannes