[linux-dvb] (In)consistency of DMX/DVR buffers and OSD ioctls

Hi,

    with a Digital Dolby Live Patch VDR and even with some
enhancements done with the Asynchronous I/O interface of
the glibc (librt part) I hear dropouts for the most OSD
popups.  The underlying ac3play process reports in the
most cases `** CRC failed - skipping frame **' which
means that the driver buffer readed out by VDR isn't
consistence, e.g. lost frames or part of frames of
the PRIVATE_STREAM1.

Is there a way in kernel space to avoid such inconsistencies
caused by OSD ioctls ... that means to protect filling up the
the DMX/DVR buffer against OSD ioctls?

        Werner