[linux-dvb] converting PES to TS while reading from (multiple)/dev/ost/demux0

Andreas Oberritter writes:

 > As far as I understood, a TS packet which contains the beginning of a
 > PES packet must begin with the PES packet as the first data byte. If the
 > size of the PES packet ist smaller than 184 bytes, then the missing
 > bytes must be padded. But what to do when the PES_packet_length is set
 > to zero? Do I have to search for the next PES packet manually? What is
 > the maximum size of a PES packet? 0xFFFF?

The size of a PES in a TS is always set to zero because it is
sometimes (for some transponders always) larger than 65536 bytes (0xFFFF).
That is why you need to hack it into smaller parts for a PS/PES.
You need the TS header to identify the next PES. It has a bit set when
the next PES starts.

Marcus