[linux-dvb] signal level, snr

Hi, I'm hacking a popular program that uses the linux-dvb driver. I
would like it to display the measures of signal strength and snr; I can
easily read the signal strength with the FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH and the
snr with the FE_READ_SNR. I have to divide this value for 1.000.000 to
get a meaningful value. However, after the numerical value of the
measurement, I'd like to display a sort of indicator like:

[xxxxxx    ] <- thi would mean 6 out of 10 x so 60%.

Which values should I use for the end of the scale to calculate the
percentage? In other words, what is the maximum value I could ever read
for the signal strength and the snr?

thank you
as