[linux-dvb] Re: Determine MAC-Address of a DVB-card

Dienstag, 2. April 2002 at 13:51 Vincent Legoll wrote:

> ifconfig gives you HWaddr if available...
> add a pinch of regex over that and you're done
> Is that what you're requesting ?

No, it doesn't. If I simply do "ifconfig -a dvb0_0" after activating the
network-device (eg. with dvbtune -n), hwaddr is 00:00:00:00:00.
I have to set the address with
"ifconfig dvb0_0 hw ether aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" manually.

On my DVB-card (TT PCI budget) there was a sticker showing the
MAC-Address, so I had no problem. But I'm writing a HowTo-Guide for a
new SAT-IP-Service offered by "Deutsche Telekom" and I'd like to put in
a passage how one can determine the MAC-Address of the DVB-card, if he
or she doesn't know the address.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com