[linux-dvb] System hangs, reboots while using dvb0_0 with Multicast

Hello all,

I've got trouble with Networking (dvb0_0) on a AMD-Athlon. I'm one of the
T-DSL via Satellit pilotusers here in germany and I use the new multicasting
capeability of the DVB-Driver.

1.With Kernel 2.4.16-4GB-SuSE loaded, and X-Windows started (NVIDIA 32MX)
the system will crash after 5 to 10 minuts of browsing the web. There is no
message in /var/log/messeages and the system reboots automatically. Without
X-Windows started it takes from 20 minuts to 3 days untill a crash occur.

2.With Kernel 2.4.18 loaded, and X-Windows started (NVIDIA 32MX)the system
will freeze after 5 to 10 minuts of browsing the web (changing between
different sessions, so multicasting is used). Only a hard reboot brings the
system back to life.

3.With Kernel 2.4.18 loaded, I could not unload the dvb-Driver with "make
rmmod" after using dvb0_0 once.

What I do:
Theres a pice of Software installed that acts like a proxy. This proxy is
listening on port 9202 for any http-requests. The request will be send
through national ISDN to a parent-proxy at SES-ASTRANET. This proxy is
processing the request and sending the result through the satellite on a
multicast pid (251) back to my dvb.

There are no problems while looking or recording TV with my linux-box!

has anybody else such problems?

how could i get closer to the problem? (Debuging)

Dirk