[linux-dvb] card broken?

Guido Fiala writes:
 > Had someone else the following problem and an idea what to do?
 >
 > Only black screen, any attempt to switch a channel lead to "not synced",
 > there is no usable signal at the pass-through (tested with analog receiver).
 > The tuner get's as hot as ever, replay and OSD is still possible.
 > (BTW - the card was cooled by a dedicated fan it's entire live, now about
 > almost exactly 3 years).
 >
 > What part of the card is probably broken and can it be repaired (i do not
 > hesitate to solder it myself)?
 >
 > Thanks for any help.

We had that once with a card that got too hot. After switching off the
computer for a while it worked again. We had to use a fan to cool it,
so that it wouldn't happen again.
If it doesn't work after a cooling down period there is probably
something wrong with the tuner :(. Sorry, but I guess that  short of replacing
the tuner, there won't be any easy solution.

Marcus