[linux-dvb] Re: jumping PTS disturb playback

On Tuesday 09 April 2002 14:19, mocm@metzlerbros.de wrote:
> Andreas Schultz writes:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I just came a across a wired MPEG stream on an DVD. The pts of the video
>  > and audio packets is jumping backward after approx. every 25th frame (at
>  > a cell DVD boundary). The PTS is not reset to zero though.
>  > This disturbs the playback over the dvb card totaly. My guess is that
>  > the A/V syncing is screwing up due to the jumping pts. Is there a way
>  > this could be handled/fixed in the firmware???
>  >
>  > Andreas
>
> Is it a multiangle DVD? In that case this has to be handled by the
> player. E.g. mplayer can handle that.

Thats what i thought first, i just spend 2 hours disecting the dvd and trying
different things. This is definetly not a multi angle dvd, the problems are
only in the intro, the menue streams and the bonus material. The main feature
is ok - mostly. I would think that they run those streams to some kind of
broken mpeg encoder.
The DVD in question is the German version of "Scary Movie 2".

BTW: playing only the video stream is ok. only the combination of video and
audio is screwing up.

> Otherwise I can't imagine why the PTS should jump.

I'll could try to fix those pts jumps before sending them to the card. What is
minimum amount of pts difference for the card to detect this as a jump? Do i
just reset pts to zero for that?

Andreas