[linux-dvb] Re: Problems compiling siemens_dvb-0.9.4.tar.gz

Arno Wilhelm writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > > dvb.c:3504: unknown field `busy' specified in initializer
 > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-pre6'
 > > make: *** [here] Error 2
 >

 > think I have found the cause of the error message...
 >
 > There does not seem to be a busy symbol in the structure video device
 > in the 2.4.19-pre6 kernel sources (/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-pre6/include/linux/videodev.h:24):

Obviously.

 > So I assume that the code in the newer kernel has changed but the code of the driver
 > has not been adapted to these changes till now?

You are using a prepatch, not an official release. It doesn't make
sense to change the driver for every prepatch. When you are willing to
use such a prepatch you should also be willing to patch all the
drivers you use. It wasn't in pre5, so this is a pretty recent change.

Marcus