[linux-dvb] Re: CAMs - the never ending story...

John Williams wrote:

> At 09:42 15/04/02 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >Other question:
> >
> >I have read something about a guy who take the WINDOWS-Firmare of the
> >WINDOWS-Driver
> >and put it into the "linux-Driver" and all Camīs work....
> >
> >- I only have heared of it - i donīt know how good does this work with VDR
> >or other applikations ??
> >
> >Perhaps this is a other way to complete the CAM-Support ?
>
> It's on http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/index.html
>
> It's got problems of its own (the OSD does not work properly), and I
> stopped working on it when it looked to me as though Convergence were doing
> something about the CAM support.

I sometimes wonder how hard it would be to "reverse-engineer" the
convergence firmware and the original firmware and find the parts
that implement the CAM features.

I did that with the firmware of my Technisat ST 6002 back in the old
"analog" days and completely rewrote their broken timer support. Its
probably a pretty tedious task, but if its the only way to go...

Klaus