[linux-dvb] Re: Best soundcard vor VDR

hi,

the sbLive hint from yesterday drew my attention away from the
soundcard driver to a52dec. as it showed up, i never used more
than 2 channels (which may soundcard duplicated to 4). hardcoding
the channel-flags to 5.1 gave perfect output.
my problem has been, that i tried to give the command-line for
in runvdr. the -o oss6 parameter never got through to a52dec (the
default was oss(2)).

anyone with a deeper insight to shell-programming please:

VDRCMD="../vdr -a '../a52dec -o oss4'"
$VDRCMD

vdr sees this (the a52dec section) as multiple arguments, not
a single value to an option.
what would be the right way to do this?

Stefan Lang wrote:

> But did you try the latest alsa-driver package? Version 0.5.12!!

no. never tried alsa again. but as i found out yesterday,
it NOT a problem of my card.

so it definitely IS THE BEST CARD ;-).

AND you get a optical "cable" with md-adapter for < 30 euro.

greetings,

--
  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0