[linux-dvb] nagravision, and Dish Network (U.S.A) on Hauppauge DVB/s card

Hello,

I saw a small message on this topic in some mailing list a few hours ago,
but didn't seem to see any results.

A couple things concern me.  Firstly, my Dish Network receiver requires a
unique smart card so it can operate. (Thus inserting a card from another
receiver does not work) this tells me the card itself is coded with a key
that the receiver can decrypt given some private key it knows about.  When
the receiver is installed and activated from Dish, you must give them a
long alphanumeric string that starts with S, that comes from the card, and
one that starts with R that comes from the receiver.

In reading through the DVBAPI documentation, which took me quite a bit of
doing given that none of my machines had fully-working ttex installed, I
do not seem to see a mechanism to set the key to read the card.

Although my first test will be to see if I can get the card to play me the
dish promotionals, I am under aditional strain because I am behind an
SW-64 switch.

I have found some cryptic literature that displays horribly in lynx and
looks like this:

                                   Freq.
                                     Tp
                               Provider Name
                                Channel Name
                                   Video
                            Encryption SR - FEC
                            SID - VPID NID - TID
                             Audio Beam Source
                                  Updated
                                  12239 L
      tp 2 Satlogo DISH Network Sat-Address Digital package chart DVB
                      Nagravision 20000 - 3/4 4098-102
                            Conus J Hotsenpiller
                                   020301
                                  12268 L
      tp 4 Satlogo DISH Network Sat-Address Digital package chart DVB
                      Nagravision 20000 - 5/6 4098-104
                            Conus J Hotsenpiller
                                   020301
                                  12282 R
      tp 5 Satlogo DISH Network Sat-Address Digital package chart DVB
                      Nagravision 20000 - 5/6 4098-105
                            Conus J Hotsenpiller
                                   020428

I have not yet identified terms Conus, J, and Hotsenpiller and the numbers
as of yet do not make sense.

Any help that you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated, even if it's
simply displaying the PPV promos (I assume they're free)

oh wait

Conus

looks like

Continental United States

USEFUL!

I suppose I can't convince the Dish switch to give me programming from the
Canadian satellites because I don't have an LNB pointed at them, right?

_J