[linux-dvb] Re: OT: 2-WAY Internet over SATELLITE

> I think you ment: www.tiscali.de
Yes - sorry

> The biggest problem with this service is, that afaik there is no support
> for Linux at all, but it will be available in this year (at least
> according to their web-pages).
No thatīs wrong - here i have the "network-solution"  (190EURO/Month) - and this
solution works with linux very well !

> Another problem seems to be that only HTTP and FTP are allowed and you
> are not allowed to set up any servers on your computer. I am not sure,
> whether it would be possible to use an IMAP-server to remotely read your
> mail, or to access other internet services like IRC, or even use basic
> services like SSH. Please correct me if I am wrong here, but at least I
> got those impressions by reading their web pages.

Thatīs totaly wrong - everything works: "VNC, SSH, TELNET, ICQ, IRC,......"
Only some Prots are blocked (Morpheus) - but with a HTTL Tunnel you can do even this !

I know - thy donīt want SERVERīs on the SAT-SIDE (Up-Traffic-Problem) but if you only use
it for yourselve (here i use it for Remotly controll my VDR) everything works fine.