[linux-dvb] DXR-3-Support in DVB-driver???

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9_Bartsch?= writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I've heard there would be ouptut-support for DXR-3 in the DVB-driver now.
 >
 > Is that right???
 >
 > Thanx

I started to write a wrapper for the dxr3 (em8300) drivers, so that
the DVB API could be used with that card. It doesn't work yet and I
haven't done much work on it lately. The basic structure is there, but
there are still some problems and the system hangs when I start
replay. Maybe someone with more time and maybe more insight into the
dxr3 drivers can do something with the stuff in the NEWSTRUCT branch
of the public CVS. The dxr3 together with a budget DVB card would be a
good combination for a PVR box. Of course, an em8400 (netstream) or
em8450/em847x (X-card, can do mpg4 replay) based card would be even
better, but we can't give out/write those drivers as open source
(don't know about closed source) and wrapping the user space drivers
from sigma designs (also closed source) would be quite cumbersome.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |