[linux-dvb] Re: problems with NEWSTRUCT

In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> Do you have a DiSEqC bus monitor?

no

> The sequence specified in the DiSEqC spec on page 6 is this:
>
> - switch off continous tone if present
> - switch polarisation voltage
> - wait at least 15ms until voltage is stabilized
> - send DiSEqC message
> - wait again 15ms or more
> - send tone burst (this must be consistent to the setting defined by the
> DiSEqC message)
> - wait more 15ms
> - start the new continous tone signal if required

I am having a hard time with the NEWSTRUCT API, so am trying to look at
the code and make sure that what I have tried is doing what you want.

In the driver code, I inserted udelay(15000) right before sending the tone
burst per your instructions.  (I suppose I could have used mdelay(15))

for the mini commands, it looks like if sat_no is even you send mini
command b, else a. but I'm not entirely sure of this.

> If you don't have a bus monitor you might try this: put your satellite
> cable into the switch input you want to test, call ./diseqc <input no.>
> and verify that you can tune to a transponder on this satellite. Note
> that you have to disable all DiSEqC/Voltage/Tone stuff in your tuning
> program.

I tried this, had difficulties and couldn't get my dvbtune to lock.  I
couldn't get szap to lock either. (thus I am looking at older code)

_J