[linux-dvb] Re: multicast filter causes kernel panic

Montag, 27. Mai 2002 at 22:34 Sepp Wijnands wrote:

> hi

> my apologies if this has been mentioned before.

> after toying around with some multicast code for a specific amount of time.
> i experienced a kernel panic, and the system freezed.
> unfortunely i couldn't capture the panic.. but the message states
> "Scheduling in interrupt".

We have encountered the same problem with a new SAT-IP-Service from
Deutsche Telekom using Multicast.
With DVB-s cards the system freezes or reboots after a
short period of surfing. This does not happen with the nova or
budget-cards and it seems to be a bug in the firmware of the DVB-s
cards.

--
Best regards
Wolfgang Wershofen                            mailto:wolfgang@wershofen.com