[linux-dvb] Re: UPDATE: Pinnacle PCTV Sat driver (experimental) updated

Hallo Peter,

thanks for your driver work. I hope i get it working some day.
I bought such a card and have problems with it.

first i want to tell you what i did:

- the card was never initialized in an windows driver envyroment!
   (i know some analog tv-cards [bttv] that has to play with windows
    one time and then they worked with linux too)
- i have a smp kernel on a dual celeron 400
   (i booted with maxcpus=1 and had the same result)
- there is a first analog bt878 card on a different interrupt
   (i replaced this card and had the same problem)
- the pctv shares an interrupt with a promise ide card
- i don't have a diseq capable lnb switch but a normal one for 22kHz
- the kernel locks totally (no ping, no telnet, only reset works)

here is the last output on the terminal i typed in from a screen photo

root@douddle:/usr/local/src/DVB/driver# sync
root@douddle:/usr/local/src/DVB/driver# ./view.sh
dvbstream v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
Released under GPL.
Latest version avialable from http://www.linuxstb.org/
tuning DVB-S to 12110000H 27500000
Channel tuned
FE_COMPLETION_EV
Event:  iFrequency: 12669500
         SymbolRate: 22000000
         FEC_inner:  0

         SymbolRate: 27500000
         FEC_inner:  0
Bit error rate: 4975
Signal strength: 26
SNR:21250000
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_SPECTRUM_INV FE_HAS LOCK
FE_HAS_CARRIER
  FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC

i append the relevant logs too

i don't know where the problem is
the next time i can make a try is on the weekend (because i'm only on
weekends at place)

thanks anyway and good luck

--
Gruß