[linux-dvb] Re: PTS overlapping ?

Hi,

According to Patrick GUENEAU:
> as it is a 33Bits value, it can go from 0 to more than 26 hours (more
> than a day).
> But when you look at PTS values from DVB streams it seems to be not
> related to anything precise.

no, normally there is no relation between time of day and PTS.

> My question is : is there a risk to have a PTS reset (overlapping) back
> to 0 during normal broadcasting ?

theoretically, yes, i guess. AFAIR, the pts is not _required_ to wrap around
at the maximum value, only. it can be earlier aswell, but that's not
commonly done.

> I have never seen it and i wonder when do broadcastings have their PTS
> reset (if any) ?

Normally it just wraps around when having reached the maximum value.

HTH,
André