[linux-dvb] 8 bit OSD window

Dear all,

I am trying to create and use an 8 bit OSD window.

I am using the DVB driver and library siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-05-20 with
a WinTV DVB-s model 864 on SuSE 7.2 (unfortunately still the original
2.4.4 kernel).

I have written a simple test program that creates a 4 bit OSD window,
sends a colourmap with 16 colours, and finally calls OSDFillBlock to
simply draw a coloured rectangle. This works correctly. But if I create
the window with 8 bpp, then nothing appears. There are no error messages
and the methods all return zero.
I also tried to send a colourmap with 256 colours, with the same result.

I need an overlay over the video, so streaming I-frames like dvbimage is
not an option.

Any hints?

Thanks.
Andreas