[linux-dvb] Re: HOWTO for DVB-C card?

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 01:36:06AM +0200, Hanno Mueller wrote:
> Thanks a lot, the NEWSTRUCT branch did the job and works fine with my
> card.
>

> However, I had to load the "input" kernel module before "make
> insmod" would work, otherwise I'd get errors when the Makefile tries to
> insmod av7110_ir.o
>
> (Maybe this could be added to the driver' Makefile?)

IMHO the 'insmod av7110_ir.o' should be removed for the moment,
as it is undocumented experimental stuff. Or maybe Holger can
document it.

> What is av7110_ir.c? My DVB-C card didn't come with an infrared remote
> control. Can I add one to it?

Some DVB cards have a connector for an IR receiver. av7110_ir.o feeds
key events from the remote control to the Linux input API.

> I'm now trying to figure out how to get a list of channels for Hamburg
> DVB-C. Dave, I got dvbtune from CVS, but it complains about
>
> 	"Unknown FE type. Aborting."

There have been changes to the DVB-API (mostly frontend related).
Applications will need to be adapted, as detailed in
DVB/docs/HOWTO-use-the-frontend-api. See apps/szap/* for
working examples.

Regards,
Johannes