[linux-dvb] Newby, channels.conf, ARM-stuff

	Hi You All,

	My first message on this list. I have a Hauppauge Nexus DVB-C card
(VES1820) since last week. The software under Windows is OK, now I want
it under Linux (like my MP3s and my DVD player). I'm using SuSE 8.0
Pro. I'm not really sure which list (dvr or linux-dvb) is the one I
need, so I try both.

	Maybe not relevant, but for the information: I'm living in the center
of Hamburg, Germany, my cable provider seems to be "Urbana", which
retransmits everything from "Deutsche Telekom".

	So at first many thanks for the great work done for DVB/VDR under
linux, my card is pretty new, and I made it work with vdr (at least for
some time, now it's not working).

	And the first question: how to find/configure the file describing the
channel frequencies? I downloaded dvr and the siemens driver, I did not
find anything for scanning the frequencies and quams.

	What about this ARM stuff in gnufirm?? Do I have an ARM-processor on
my card (a quick look at the components, I did not see anything with
"ARM")? If yes, what it is used for? I could not find any clue about
this in the libdvb api documentation.

	And what about data channels? It may raise privacy issues, but I
really would like to know if it's possible to sniff the data packets
transmitted over a cable network.

	Maybe there is a FAQ for this kind of questions.

		Thanks for your help

			ben