[linux-dvb] Re: no video2linux device

Hi,

> I'm using TechnoTrend dvb-c budget card.
>
> I'm using debian woody / 2.4.18
> I've downloaded 2002 jun. 28 linuxtv.org CVS - snapshot.
> It compiled well, when I tried a 'make insmod' I got the message which
> I include at the end of my e-mail.
>
> But when I want to use dvbd3 or xawtv it broke with 'no video2linux device' message.
> (There was no error message in the log text! But maybe something is missing?)
>
> Can anyone help me, please?

afaik teh budget cards don't have mpeg2 decoder, just the tuner & demuxer.
so, you won't get any picture via video4linux, you should use a software
mpeg2 player to decompress it...

> saa7146_core.o: saa7146(1): bus:1, rev:1, mem:0xc88f5000.
hmm
maybe it isn't budget stuff, it seems to have mpeg2 decoder...

do you have video4linux enabled in the kernel?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team