[linux-dvb] Re: porting the DVB driver to sparc64

Hi,

by now I have xawtv running successfully with some hardcoded patches,
which I need to clean up, after that I will start sending diffs...

Since we use a big endian framebuffer on this graphics card I have,
I had to enable byte swapping in the SAA7146, I need to figure how
to decide whether to swap or not, and whether to do 2byte or 4byte
swaps.

Anyway, progress is good, nice driver framework helps as a very good
base for porting.

> Hi!
>
> * mocm@metzlerbros.de <mocm@metzlerbros.de> [20020711 12:37]:
> > Eddie C. Dost writes:
> >  > I am working on the DVB driver on the sparc64 architecture, and I could
> >  > use some info on:
> >  >
> >  > - has someone ever started this before?
> >  > - are there some hardware docs around to aid in debugging the driver?
> >
> > I don't think so. The odds are to small that someone has a sparc, a
> > dvb card and wants to do kernel hacking.
>
> I've got an Sun Ultra 5 standing at home, running Debian GNU/Linux
> sparc64, I can equip it with a DVB-S card tommorow morning and would be
> willing to provide developer accounts and a push-button-monkey (myself)
> to additional interested kernel hackers :)
>
> Just drop me a mail (preferrably with the patches) :)
>
>    Count
>
> --
> Andreas Kotes - ICQ: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
> Look to the future, because that is where you'll spend the rest of your
> life.
> -- George Burnsh                          -- OpenPGP Key 0x8F94C228

                                                                     /~\
Eddie C. Dost                              ASCII ribbon campaign     \ /
ecd@skynet.be                                against HTML mail        X
                                                                     / \