[linux-dvb] Re: porting the DVB driver to sparc64

Eddie C. Dost wrote:
>>Could you describe the problems you fixed and those that you still have?
>

> One big point of interest to me is getting statistics and more information
> from the MPEG TS, i.e. the DVB-SI info sent with the data, the datarates
> of the video and audio ESs, and such.
>
> A datasheet or programmer's guide for the MPEG decoder could help here
> is something like that available?
>
> I work in the Video over ATM (Broadcast Quality) business, so this is
> why... I am very interested in seeing numbers about what the consumer
> actually gets.

very interesting and I would like to have access to those datas too. I'm
writing some patches for vdr, and I tried to calculate datarate, and
possibly the resolution of the stream and all other tech datas.

Some time ago on the list was suggested me to record a piece of the
stream and divide the size of the file by the time; however this isn't
exactly accurate and straightforward. If there is a lower-level solution
I would be very interested to help/know how.

bye!
as