[linux-dvb] Re: Anyone using NVRAM Wakeup / auto powerdown / WOL

kde4linux@melware.de(Ralf Spachmann)  16.06.02 15:05

Once upon a time Ralf Spachmann shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi all,

>I am fighting with my VDR-Box since weeks to make
>it power off/on using nvram-wakeup and VDR-Timers.

>I had contact to several programmers of nv-ram tools
>but no solutions.

What have you tried?
What is happening?
Which BIOS Version do you use?

>So I am asking: Is anyone out there who has
>this automatic business running on a Gigabyte GA 7ZXE board ?

Do you mean "GA-7ZXE" ?

Have you searched the web for that board?
See for example: "GA-71XE dont wakeup out of stanby "

I remember that gigabyte have had LOT of problems
with "Wake up" especially if the board is overclocked-
don't know which number it was, but it was a "hi end"
version including  all...

From: "Leiser" <gregorski@leisergmbh.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:26:18 +0200