[linux-dvb] Re: [vdr] Finnish DVB-C problems solved

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:57:49 +0300, "Lauri Pesonen"
<lauri.pesonen@firsthop.com> said:
> Antti Lammi got his DVB-C card just recently and he got in touch with
> me
> about finnish specific DVB issues. He finally got he's system running
> and
> today via trial and error found out that the reason why it was so hard
> tune to the bouquets, was that the actual frequencies reported by HTV
> and
> the network NIT were infact no precisely correct. According to Antti's
> tests the the freq. for QAM_64 bouquets should be subtracted by
> 0.125MHz
> (i.e. 125000) and the freq. for QAM_128 bouquets by 0.25MHz (250000).
> After that everything worksl ike a charm. You can even get rid of the
> 'fix' to the driver (mentioned above).

Hi!

I have written here before also with QAM_128 modulation problems. I
tried to make them work again with this new information, but had no
success. My card is full featured Siemens DVB-C, which has never found
any of the QAM_128 bouquets. Do you know which card Antti has? Or can
anybody with Siemens card tune those bouquets in HTV network?

Which version of dvb drivers do you use? I have experimented with
different QAM settings and used the patch you sent me some time ago,
but still no luck...

        -Panu