[linux-dvb] Re: How to determine the frequency of a channel

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 01:21:20PM +0200, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Carsten Koch wrote:
> >I'd say go for the one with the strongest signal an the
> >best signal to noise ratio. But apparently the signal
> >strength indicator is at maximum already and the snr
> >does not vary much. I wonder if that can be improved in
> >the driver, so you get useful values?
>
> No, when the AGC circuit works in saturation the driver can't do much
> more than read out these saturated values. Try to use a signal
> attentuator between cable plug and DVB card input to get your signal in
> a lower range.

How to build such an attentuator? I tried a normal resistor in serial
but I get too much interferences.

First I tried to use normal lab-cables with crocodile clips but this
does not work at all, so I cut the normal antenna cable and soldered
a resistor on it but I get very much interferences and the AGC circuit
is still in saturation.

best regards
Martin Neuditschko