[linux-dvb] Re: Vision-Plus VP-1020- Linux drivers

Hello,

the Conexant 878 chip is known, it is most likely only used as PCI bridge.
I did not find any information about the tuner. I will need to know the
types of chips inside the tuner, as well. I believe I had heard before
about this card, I just did not remember the type designation. IIRC, there
is also a piece of custom logic between the QPSK decoder (inside the tuner)
and the 878A.

Therefore, sorry, to my knowledge there is currently no driver available.
My knowledge, however, is not all-encompassing, and if TwinHan say there
is a driver for linux, there may be one I don't know of.

Where (and for what price) is this card available, or would you be willing
to borrow or donate such a card to help driver development?

In total, I expect this card is a "budget" type of card, i.e. the
hardware delivers the full MPEG-TS data stream into PC memory, and the
demuxing and MPEG decoding is left to software.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:01:09AM +0200, Dr. Manfred Hartl wrote:

> Hello
> Thank You very much for your Answer.The chipset is "Conexant Fusion 878 A"
> The Tuner is "TDQC-S001F 201C3001". Attached the specification of the card as
> pdf-document.
>
> --
> Regards
> Manfred
>
> -- No attachments (even text) are allowed --
> -- Type: application/pdf
> -- File: visionPlusVP-1020.pdf
>

> --
> Info:

"Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it ;)"
(Linus Torvalds, about his failing hard drive on linux.cs.helsinki.fi)