[linux-dvb] Re: Revision 2.2

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
>
> > I just got my hands on a Hauppauge WinTV Nexus-s and found it to be
> > revision 2.2. Docs on linuxtv and linuxstb only mention up to
> > revision 2.1. Has anybody experienced any problems using the drivers
> > with rev. 2.2 cards ? The tuner seems to be a SAA7146 so that part should
> > be ok.
>
> What kind of videoconnections are there,
> only kompost-video or is there s-video also, or even better, RGB.
> Does it have LNB-loopback connector ?

Hmm, the documentation shows a rev 1.3 card so not much help there.

Looking at the card it reveals one connector for connecting to the LNB,
no pass through connector for LNB. It also has a fan-out connector
(8 pin mini DIN) with 5 connectors with labels. These are as follows

Colour	Connector 		Label
Black	Stereo mini jack male	Line out
Yellow	RCA female		Video In
White	RCA female		Surround 1
Red	RCA female		Surround 2
Black	RCA female		Center

I seriously hope that when they write "Video In" they mean "Video Out".

Kind regards

--PMM