[linux-dvb] DVB-s and dvbtune problems, (or is it me)

Hello All.

I am a lurker on this mailing list and read mails with interest, however i now
find it time to ask some questions.

I am having problems with dvbtune, namely i dont get any received data
packets. I am trying to get my DVB-s card to work under linux.
I can receive TV with tuxview and change channels with tuxzap, no problem at
all there.

My system is;
P3 650Mhz
378M ram
Hauppage DVB-s
Kernel 2.4.19pre9
Siemens CVS driver from 13-08-02
dvbtune 0.3

I was pointed to;
www.wershofen.de/TDSLviaSat-HowTo by a helpfull German member of this list, he
also gave me some very helpfull tips, however i do not receive any packets.
I am undoubtably doing something wrong, only thing is what am i doing wrong,
maybe someone can see my mistake(s).

I follow the CVS instructions and get all modules loaded, i then use the
attached script to start the interface;

One thing which makes things hard for me and possably for others is the fact
that different www sites give different freq's for transponder 103 from EON,
www.weethet.nl give 103 as 12460250 but the Linux Sat-Howto says, 12461
huum..
Anyway i am trying 115 and still get nothing.

Here is what i get when the script is run;

tuning DVB-S to L-Band:2062750, Pol:H Srate=22000000, 22kHz=on
SEC BUS MODE:  IDLE (0)
SEC VOLTAGE:  18 (4)
SEC CONT TONE: ON
Getting frontend event
Received completion event
Event:  Frequency: 12662750
        SymbolRate: 22000000
        FEC_inner:  0

Bit error rate: 0
Signal strength: -31346000
SNR: 10836200
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER
FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC
Successfully opened network device, please configure the dvb interface

I then get the follwoing details after configuration.

dvb0_0    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:C0:A8:02:EF
          inet addr:192.168.2.239  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:4096  Metric:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Base address:0x200

tcpdump -i dvb0_0 -n shows nothing at all.
According to the German site mentioned above as far as i can translate means
if you get
FE_STATUS: FE_HAS_POWER FE_HAS_SIGNAL FE_HAS_LOCK FE_HAS_CARRIER
FE_HAS_VITERBI FE_HAS_SYNC

Then all should be ok, but not here, so what am i doing wrong.?????
If anyone with a working DVB-s card would like to help me out with his
scripts, kernel version and all other info i would appricate it very much.

As a matter of fact, any info would be very welcome.

Thanks go to Wolfgang Wershofen (URL above) for his site, its very informative
and to the point "with examples".

--
Regards Richard
pa3gcu@zeelandnet.nl