[linux-dvb] Re: AW: CAM Aston works (was Re: Revision 2.2)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bläser, Lars" <LBlaeser@hofheim.de>
To: "'Antonino Sergi'" <Antonino.Sergi@roma1.infn.it>
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 9:21 AM
Subject: AW: AW: [linux-dvb] CAM Aston works (was Re: Revision 2.2)

> > I'm using DVB-20020813 snapshot, but it doesn't matter; the
> > behavior is
> > the same as with older versions (with the same firmware).
>
> did you tried the alternative firmwares/driver?
> (i could trie to borrow a 1.05 to test it with the "old" cards/CI)
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/cim.html
> http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/index.html

Yes I tried but the result is an ARM crash in few seconds (with any firmware
I could find (by convergence or not)).
Maybe the problem is in the firmware/CI interaction: it seems that the
firmware waits for a notification from CI (that is now sent during CAM
insertion), but the new CI, maybe, does not do it without a request (or a
hardware change, CAM insertion). I'm just trying to guess by phenomenology.

Thank you