[linux-dvb] read() problems

Hi all,

I'm new to this.  I'm using a Nova card and my goal is to write a simple
program to write all the raw TS packets to file.  I have used a slightly
modified version of the example code in the back of the API to tune my card
 - and it seems to be working because the following flags are set:

FE_HAS_POWER
FE_HAS_SIGNAL
FE_HAS_SYNC
FE_HAS_VITERBI
FE_HAS_CARRIER

and if i change the frequency or symbol rate or other params to anything
where there isnt a signal i dont get the sync or viterbi.

Additionally it gets a 0 value for the strength, snr, and ber values
(frontend ioctl calls).

after i tuned it, I was trying to use the pesdump program with the video
pid just to get some raw data and make sure that its working...
the problem is that when it does the read() on /dev/ost/demux it returns
the Unknown error 769 - which I determine is EBUFFEROVERFLOW.  I have
looked through the past mailing list posts and then checked to make sure
i'm using an IDE drive and have DMA enabled..which i do.

any idea what I'm missing here?

fyi I also tried to "cat /dev/ost/dvr" and it doesnt get anything...

thanks in advance for any help

~marcus

marcus r. deyoung
mrd@seas.upenn.edu