[linux-dvb] Re: dvb0 does not exist

Mittwoch, 28. August 2002 at 01:44 Daniel Oprean wrote:

> Kernel 2.4.18
> Siemens drivers 0.9.4
> Dvb cipset: SAA7146

> After compiling DVB/drivers and make insmod without errors ... dvb0
> interface does not exists. What is the problem? Something is missing?
> Thanx

You're indeed missing something. I suppose you were using the 0.8.x
drivers before or have at least read the SAT-HowTo by Roberto Arcomano
and Florindo Santoro.

As written on this list many times before:
The interface dvb0 does not exist anymore in the 0.9.x drivers. It is
now called dvb0_0 but is not automatically started, when the DVB drivers
are loaded. You have to manually activate it using a tool named
network_activator (you'll find a download address somewhere in the
archives) or tune your card to the desired frequency with dvbtune
while using the "-n" switch, which brings up the network-interface.

hth
Wolfgang

--
Best regards