[linux-dvb] Re: NEWSTRUCT and 2 DVB Cards (Bug ??)

> steffx_dvb@gmx.de wrote:
>
> >  Hmm thats strange .. i have two dvb-c cards in my box. As i sayed after
> >  'make insmode' - when both cards are in the box the box does not react
> >  anymore
> >  and after a while it does a reboot ...
> >
> >  i had a look in the Makefile and loadet the modules by hand. i had the
> >  same
> >  effect, when i was loading the last module called dvb-ttpci.o ..
> >
> >  any ideas ??
>
> I've had the same problem with only one dvb-c card. The drivers tried to
> get irq 0 -> normally timer and the system crashed.
>
> Do you have free irqs? irqs are useable? irq-sharing?
>
> Martin
>

> --
> Info:
> linux-dvb" as subject.

hi Martin

this is how my irq's look like :

------------

00:07.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 1a) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])

        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 5

00:07.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 1a) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])

        Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 5

00:07.4 Bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686 [Apollo Super ACPI] (rev 40)

        Interrupt: pin ? routed to IRQ 9

00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio
Controller (rev 50)

        Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 10

00:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 12

00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139 (rev
10)

        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 10

00:0c.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 (rev b2) (prog-if
00 [VGA])

        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 12

the fact, that irq 12 is used by two devices can not be the reason (normaly
the vga-card is not in the box)

i already played around and put the cards in different slots ... no result
i also had a look in the bios ... but there i can not give a slot a irq .. i
can only set isa or pci to an irq ...

how did you solve your problem ??

steffx

http://www.gmx.net