[linux-dvb] Re: IP over DVB receiver cards for Linux

Dienstag, 17. September 2002 at 06:27 h018@ied.com wrote:

>  Could anyone tell me if either of these known to work with linux 2.4.x ?

>  1. http://www.technotrend.de/english/products/pcproducts3-2.html

This is exactly the card, I'm using for SAT-IP-Networking with Linux. It
is fully supported by the drivers but in my case with slighty tuning
problems within the newest driver versions. For me, drivers from May,
21st work perfect.

>  2. http://www.technisat.com/en/produkte/produkteview.php?kid=29,30&pid=631&PHPSESSID=972c43c4d701a1d5155d058a03ba20e5
> (I did "Product search" for "DVB" and it has given me the above link for
> "article 0000/4094  SkyStar 2 (TechniSat DVB PC Card)"
>  or http://www.technisat.com/en/produkte/produkteview.php?kid=29,30&pid=1165&PHPSESSID=972c43c4d701a1d5155d058a03ba20e5
> which seems to be a similar card with EON.

AFAIK Skystar2-cards are not supported by the drivers. There's one
posting from Dec 2001, where Ralph Metzler states the differences and
why this card is not supported.
SkyStar1-cards should be similar to the
Siemens/Technotrend/Hauppauge-Cards and should be considered working
(again AFAIK). Just have a look at the archives of this list and look
for "SkyStar".

Other cards working are:

Hauppauge WinTV nova, see
http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/digitaltv_prod.htm#nova

Satelco Standard PCI, see
http://www.satelco.de/htm/shop/popup/standard_pci.htm
(Sorry, the site is in german only. The card should be the same as the
Hauppauge Nova, but slighty cheaper.)

hth

--
Best regards