[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T not working with 'old' driver

Friday Sep 27 00:36:50 +0300 2002 Lauri Tischler <lauri.tischler@efore.fi> wrote:
> I'm stumped, I feel dumb, cant find whats wrong  :(
> DVB-T card works with NEWSTRUCT driver, it started to work just
> fine after I changed two parameters in dvb-frontend.c
> For Finland parameters need to be
> - constellation: QAM_64
> - transmission_mode: TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K
>
> I've been trying to find these settings in the old driver,
> I have tryed the:

It should not be hard to find the exact source code lines where those
are defined (seems to be in dvb.c)...  Anyway, it is the application that
sets those values too (i.e.. you need to patch vdr/dvbstream/etc. (also) to
use correct values).

> - old driver from CVS
> - siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-05-20.tgz
> - siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-06-23.tgz
> no luck, no picture on dvb-t

I just yesterday used the CVS driver checked out last weekend (seems that
there has not been changes in few weeks, so that is current) and it worked
fine (combination of old driver and dvbstream just work better in all my
experiments so far). dvbstream is compiled w/ `make FINLAND 1' and those
2 lines you mentioned are patched in dvb.c before driver compilation. I
have not installed the drivers, I always install those using `make insmod'

> Any hints ??
> Cheers..

If you've done everything like me, then the problem may be elsewhere
(software/hardware problem...). I have 2.4.18-5 (updated RH 7.3 kernel)
on a 1.5 year old 700 MHz Pentium III machine. dvb-t card is in first PCI
slot, display card is on the motherboard, there is also network card, sound
card and one dxr3 card installed.

Tomi