[linux-dvb] Re: New UK DVB-T channels testing

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Well, after all these postings I guess the bottom line is that it will be best
> to store both DVB-T _and_ DVB-C frequencies generally in kHz (I believe
> going all the way down to Hz would be really unnecessary, because the user would
> then have to enter a NINE digit number when defining a channel in VDR's OSD - pretty
> sure six of which would be zeroes).
>
> VDR would then in no way bother with any offsets, these would have to be added to
> the frequency in whatever way the person or program that generates the data sees fit.
> The only question left is whether the data broadcast in the data stream really defines
> the frequency *precisely*.

This can be validated by the scanning program, it has to tune to this
transponder anyway. When it can't get a lock on the precise frequency it
might use a heuristic to scan offsets of +/-125kHz, +/-166.667kHz and
+/-250kHz. It could use the lock time as additional quality indicator
beside SNR and signal strength...

Holger