[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T cards in the UK

> > The Mini-ITX boards only allow for one PCI card, so making tiny VDR
boxen in
> > the UK an impossible task.
>
> There is allegedly a riser for a second card.

Yep you can buy 2-card risers, but the price suddenly jumps from a few
pounds to £80 or so, because it has to include a PCI router chip to allow 2
devices to share one slot :/

> There is also mention of an mpeg decoder that plugs into the "video in"
> header. It is from Sigma designs, so might be workable under Linux with
> dxr3 driver...

Interesting, I'm guessing they just integrated this feature onto the
mainboard in the new "Epia M" boards.

> > The other slant is dual-DVB systems. One budget and one full-featured.
> > Surely it's more sensible to have both cards as full-feature so they can
> > tune to the same channels?
>
> No, because you can only easily use one tv out at the same time

Hence the confusion and my second post =))

> > Just buying a DVB-S purely for the MPEG2 decoder seems a terrible waste
of
> > technology!
>
> It would probably cost about the same...

Still, a full feature DVB-T would mean you could record channels from
different mplexes, or even just LAN broadcast different mplexes to other
clients...

gdh