[linux-dvb] Re: DVB Subtitles (DVB-SUB?)

> Helo,
>
> I think Dave Chapman was working on true DVB Subtitles (like DVD
> subpictures) not teletext ones.
>
> Maybe Dave can give us more information ?

Ah, I did some more digging and found "dvbsubs" in the dvbtools CVS:

"
DVBsubs
-------

Program to decode DVB subtitles (ETS 300 743).

This program is still an alpha version (i.e. incomplete) and attempts
to decode subtitles using a DVB card's OSD and also dumps the data to
XML for information."

Hopefully there will be future options to save the bitmaps in the stream
to file, in a format usable by many of the authoring tools out there
(submux etc.)

Andy.