[linux-dvb] Re: Channel database format for dvbsak

Honza Petrous wrote:
> On Pá, 2002-11-01 at 18:54, Juha Yrjölä wrote:
>
> Please not use any binary format. I think possibility
> of visual controlling is very useful and in this days
> here isn't any reason to have human unreadable database.

Well, any modern zapping application should be able to generate and
update channel lists on it's own, so the list file format is more a
cache to save the list until the next reboot than anything else.

In this case I think a binary format is perfectly ok, startup time (and
the time spent while saving the lists from time to time in background)
is more important than human readability...

Holger