[linux-dvb] Re: RFC: Misc patches

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:27:01PM +0100, Florian Schirmer wrote:

> 1. sec_crc.patch: Enables crc checking of sections (if requested by the
> user via flags field)

You have:

    +u32 dvb_crc32(u8 *data, size_t len, u32 seed)
     {
            int i;
    -       u32 crc = 0xffffffff;
    -
    +       u32 crc;
    +
    +       if (seed)
    +               crc = seed;
    +       else
    +               crc = 0xffffffff;

Why do we need 'seed' exposed as a parameter? Your patch doesn't make
use of it, and your accel crc hook does not have a seed paramter.
Anyway, 0 is IMHO valid seed. Better #define DVB_CRC_DEFAULT_SEED 0xffffffff
and pass that instead of 0.

> 2. sec_accel.patch: Adds acceleration hooks for section handling in
> hardware. This can be done either chunk by chunk while data is pulled
> from the feed (hook into memcpy and crc) or after the complete section
> has been assembled (hook only into crc)
> 3. sec_clean.patch: Moves some section only things from the generic feed
> into the section struct.

Look goods to me, but please generate future diffs with -p,
make them easier to read.

Regards,
Johannes