[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nexus DVB and H Polarisation

Hi

Christoph Jansen wrote:
> Hi,
> an Label on the card says Rev 2.2  -  is it supported

I have a Rev 2.2 card and it has been working fine for a couple of months now.
Have to say the driver is a month or more old and it was not NEWSTRUCT.
Besides from that, H and V pol works fine with my Dual Universal LNB.

--PMM

> Christoph
> Thursday, November 7, 2002, 7:29:15 PM :
>
> HW> Hi,
>
> HW> Christoph Jansen wrote:
>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I have Problem's with the H Polarization on my Hauppauge Nexus DVB.
>>>all other Feature work very fine also the lirc from the Card... but
>>>when i switch to a Channel with H Polarization i get no Picture.
>>>I have bough me a Sat-finder which shows the voltage and tone signal
>>>and this is fine ... so I have install Win 2000 and the orig. Driver
>>>from Hauppauge on a second Partition and every thing goes fine.
>>>So it is not a Hardware Problem.
>>>The next step was: checking the Voltage with windows driver and with
>>>Linux driver :
>>>Linux DVB Driver V Polarization 13.5 Volt
>>>Linux DVB Driver H Polarization 19.5 Volt
>>

> HW> The DiSEqC spec defines 13.0 and 18.0 volt to switch LNB polarisation,
> HW> so these values should be fine.
>

>>>W2k Hauppauge Driver V Polarization 15,8 Volt
>>>W2k Hauppauge Driver H Polarization 22,0 Volt
>>

> HW> I don't know how they do it, please report if you find out any details,
> HW> then we would be able to implement the high-power ioctl for these cards...
>
> HW> Holger

Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP        : http://www.maersk-moller.net/mpeg4ip/
YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 for libmpeg2 : http://www.maersk-moller.net/libmpeg2/