[linux-dvb] Re: help: dvb driver and SuSE 8.1

Fugazzy wrote:

>Sorry for the german version
>here is now the english one:
>
>I finally got and installed the siemens dvb-s card to my computer in
>and tried to start it with the drivers includet in the SuSE 8.1
>
>A lot of modules for dvb are installed fine, but the last one: dvb.o
>doesn not:
>dvb: no dvb(s) found!
>(this comes from dmesg)
>
>an someone help me?

Mmh.

I think I had the same error when I first load the drivers into a kernel
without i2c support. Make sure you have it.
Also check that lspci gives you a line like :

nn:nn.n Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)

hope it will help.

Gerard.