[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Driver 2002-11-08 problems

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 11:55:30PM +0100, Florian Schirmer wrote:
> Hi,

> >No.  How do you expect make to _use_ these dependencies when you didn't
> inlcude them?
>
> I dont expect make to use them, i expect gcc itself to make use of it.

You didn't understand how make works.  You should read the manual.

> Since for generation the dep file it has to look at all the includes
> files, so gcc will detected the changes itself, without any help from
> make. I've not verified this and i dont care about it very much. I just
> can tell you: it just works :D

This is not possible.  gcc is not invoked, when no failed dependencies
are detected by make, because of that gcc _cannot_ make any use of
dependencies.

Robert

--
Robert Schiele			Tel.: +49-621-181-2517