[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with Driver Load (was: Sound output whiledriver load)

On 22/11/2002 14:53 Ulrich Petri wrote:

> I just wondered if anyone experienced the same?

Yes. Maybe those who don't never turn off their VDR or are already used
to it ;-) These audio 'pops' are even stronger when turning on and off
the power. BTW, I'm using rev 1.3 DVB-S cards.

> I & myself wrote:>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm using a 2.1 TT-DVB-S and everything works really good.
>> The only thing that is a bit annoying are the "pop" sounds the driver
>> makes during load, they are VERY loud, i everytime fear my
>> speakers will
>> get damaged...
>> Is there a way to get rid of these sounds?

IMHO only by hardware. As I already wrote some months ago, VDR really
deserves some hardware extensions. My all-in-one hardware extension
board will include a mute circuit for the analog audio outputs. They
will be enabled shortly after the driver has loaded, and disabled as
soon as the shutdown has been invoked.

It is also possible to simply connect a reed relay to my current IR
Controller. The relay contacts can be used to mute the audio signals.

Thomas