[linux-dvb] Re: OSD problème with 0.9.4 DVB driver

Marlec Olivier wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just released the DVB driver version from version 0.8.1 to 0.9.4. I've
> just modified the low level sofware to adapt my application for the new
> driver 0.9.4. I'm using a OSD window of 480x420 size. With the 0.8.1 version
> of driver I hadn't got any problem but with the 0.9.4 version I don't see
> anything in my screen (except the video of course) but I haven't got any
> errors from DVB driver. Now, I can see my OSD if I put a window size of
> 480x360, above this size there 's no OSD window.
> Have you any idea ?

The OSD memory is very limited, and I guess between these two driver versions
the amount of memory that is available for the OSD has been reduced (probably
because the driver needed more memory for playing MPEG).

You can either reduce the size of your OSD or the color depth.

Klaus