[linux-dvb] Re: it won't insmod

Alexandre CONRAD writes:

 > >dvb_dsp needs sound support in the kernel enabled. You can disable the
 > >use of dvb_dsp by removing the line
 > >export USE_DVB_DSP=1
 > >and the ones following it concernibg dsp in the Makefile.
 > >
 > But I want sound. How do I enable sound in my kernel ?
 >
 > I went in
 > /usr/src ; make menuconfig
 > in sound, everything seems to be enabled. (it's default Redhat 7.3)
 >
 > > > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_unregister_dsp
 > > > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_register_dsp
 > >
 > >See above. Should be solved with the changes in the Makefile or
 > >activation of sound support in the kernel.
 > >

 > So what is DSP ? is it come kind of software support ? If I disable it, will it still have the sound ?

You don't need the dsp module for normal DVB operations. It is just
there if you want the dvb sound decoder to act as a sound card,
i.e. cat into /dev/dsp and here it on the dvb sound output or use an
mpeg player to output through the dvb card.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |