[linux-dvb] Re: it won't insmod

Alexandre CONRAD writes:

 > > > dvb_dsp.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_dsp_Rcd083b10
 > > > dvb_dsp.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_dsp_R80629702
 > >
 > >dvb_dsp needs sound support in the kernel enabled. You can disable the
 > >use of dvb_dsp by removing the line
 > >export USE_DVB_DSP=1
 > >and the ones following it concernibg dsp in the Makefile.
 > >

 > All these lines contains "dsp" :
 >
 > export USE_DVB_DSP=1    <-- removed
 > dvb_dsp-ins = insmod dvb_dsp.o;
 > dvb_dsp-rmm = rmmod dvb_dsp;
 > DVB_DSP = dvb_dsp.o
 >
 > $(dvb_dsp-ins)          \    <-- removed
 > $(dvb_dsp-rmm)          \    <-- removed
 >
 > obj-m       = dvb-core.o dvb_sw_demux.o $(DVB_DSP)
 >
 > dvb_dsp.o: dvb_dsp.c dvb_dsp.h
 >
 > I get :

 > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_unregister_dsp
 > dvb-saa7146.o: unresolved symbol dvb_register_dsp

Did you do a make clean, or at least delete dvb-saa7146.c after you
changed the Makefile?

 > I don't know... Maybe it would be simplier if I put dsp in the kernel.
 > But I don't know how do all that kernel stuff... But what I don't
 > understand is that I never had this problem with the convergence CVS. I
 > just reinstalled my linux. Did I miss something during the install
 > process ? Did I have to check DSP somewhere ?

If you have sound support in the kernel, it should work. Did you build
sound support as module. In that case you may need to insmod/modprobe
soundcore.

Marcus

| mocm@metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |