[linux-dvb] Re: Dvb in uk

Tim,
> unofficial bbc source that dvb-t will almost certainly mean a new aerial
> (q for digital signals in UK is much flatter than for analogue signals)
> - their internal guess is that ~70% of aerials will need to change,
> which could screw the gov't's intentions, I suppose.
I have had good results using my current aerial which is a B&Q broadband,
medium gain (12 element) one with a B&Q signal booster. I am about 20 miles
from the transmitter on the Isle of Wight. With this setup I have no
problems with signal strength, in fact I can insert a 18 dB attenuator and
still get good pictures. If I remove the amplifier (21 dB) then I start to
get errors and dropped frames, but with that setup my analogue TV is also
quite noisy.

Buy a booster for £15 and see how it goes.

Pete