[linux-dvb] Re: More thoughts on coldboot driver crash

>> The problem we have here in Helsinki is that when the freq is supposed
>> to be say 162000000, in reality it is 161750000. So if you give as the
>
>That's exactly why you need the zigzag scan for DVB-C too. If you
>disable it you break all applications that rely on the frequency
>announced in the NIT, without zigzag scan the frontend won't lock on the
>frequency transmitted in the NIT.

I understand this, and agree that it should be there as default.
However, I just tested and it zigzagged for 150 times before getting
a lock. When I removed the zigzag I got a almost immidiate lock.
So why not make it optional for those who know the exact frequency?

Josce